proper neckerchief placement : over/under?

OGE - for you, and only you - I'll let you wear your tie with a buttoned shirt. :)

Actually, now, I think the tie is only for civilian wear.

I think this thread is related to the "respect" threads in the way that so many Scouters push the boys to wear the neckerchiefs but don't think the same applies to them.

For me, it will always be under the collar. Sorry folks. I can see I am in the minority with that opinion. But that is how I wore it when I was a boy, and it is how I am teaching my scouts to wear it today.

It is also very important to get a real tight role on the neckerchief. I hate when it is loose and sloppy.

Of course, I also love a good bolo when I get older.

Over the collar - collar not turned in. That's what this troop does. But they created their own neckerchiefs, the official ones aren't big enough to do much for first aid and other things if it's being put on an adult. So they made theirs larger. They look fine and work a lot better.

Acco,

Actually accoring to the PDF that national came out with 6 months before the CUs came out, national did state that the uniform items were 'mix and match", so that 1981 ODL tie could be worn with the CUs. ;)

Sorry I had to play UP here. We just had our district Webeloree which includes an inspection. Had to print up that flyer b/c of the mess that national did in reference to unit numbers.

Never did understand why those who wish the uniform to be worn properly are know as "uniform police" as we all know there is nothing wrong with tweaking the uniform. Then again, if a program tweaks the Advancement Program, then cries of "Eagle Mill" are hurled...