Whay hat do YOU wear?

Another vote for a Tilley hat. I have a large scout pin on the crown of mine. It has sides that snap up. It keeps rain and sun off and has a great strap that keeps it from blowing off. I've worn it everywhere from WWI trenches to volcanos in Hawai to hiking in Japan.

Mine was a gift, but it really has been an incredible functional hat.

If I forget the Tilley, then I usually have a pinewood derby race official hat stuffed under the seat of the car.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I wore headgear in my first "offical Cub Scout capacity".

Turns out it was a bandana on my head with 3 feathers stuck into the back as part of the costume I wore for our crossover ceremony.

Nope...not a hat of any type.

Go figure! :)(This message has been edited by scoutfish)

Bando -

There is no such thing as a "Scoutmaster Only" item.

The Scoutmaster that decrees such a "rule" simply doesn't get it.

Feel free to wear the Campaign hat with pride. The campaign hat has been recognized around the workd as a "Boy Scout" image for over a hundred years. People think "Scouts" NOT "SCOUT MASTER" when they see a campaign hat.

That SM needs a reality check.

CT,

While you are correct in that anyone can wear a campaign hat, I do know a few councils that attempted to limit its wear to those who completed WB and/or JLT.

But as mentioned it is THE hat that is equated to scouting around the world.

I wear my Troop Baseball style hat most often, although I do like a couple of the Scoutcamp hats I have. On Sundays at camp depending on the season I wear my knit hat or my dorag (with a Scoutmasters Patch that was stiched on by and given to me by a couple of crossovers).