Whay hat do YOU wear?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OTN,

What's your CSDC Theme this year? Mine last year was Pirates, and I usually wore my Lodge's pirate hat from a conclave (which had a Pirate theme). One day I did wear my Sea Scout uniform with Pamlico Sea Base hat, as my old ship was chartered to the PSB and it was part of the uniform.

This year is goign to be harder as we have the Space/ Star Wars theme. I know wthere will be clonetrooper and stormtrooper helmets seen, but Since I am the PD, and my camp name is Yoda, it may be just ears on top of my Smokey Bear.

E92: Our theme this year is CSI:Cub Scout Investigations. I was thinking I could do the David Caruso glasses with dramatic pauses and cheesy one liners in between announcements, maybe a little "WHO" in the background? We've got a costume store down the street, I was going to see if they had a Sherlock Holmes hat and overcoat. One of our running jokes between camps is that pirates always show up trying to make it a pirate fest, usually in defeat, but the boys get a good laugh out of it. Love the Star Wars idea..."Try not, Do you must"

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to determine this myself. I'll wear the Campaign when it's nice out, and there is an outdoor function happening, but I'd never bring it on a weelend outing for fear of destroying it.

I've recently purchased the "Commissioner" baseball cap that I've been wearing to Commish mtgs, and RT.

For activities I wear my WB hat, but when I get my beads that will be retired.

I've been considering the brown wool wide brimmed hat, our council store still has several of these in stock. My thought is that the brown felt hat would work in all conditions: meetings, rain, winter , etc.

I'm just having a hard time justifying the purchase since the campaign is so "traditional," and I try to empart as much tradition on the youth as possible.

If I'm in "Class A" (yes, I know), either my very experienced blue official OA cap, or a red 2009 NOAC cap.

If not, a floppy-brimmed Columbia hat when it's hot, and green canvas Tilley when it's not so hot. But it's almost always too hot to wear the Tilley on my sweaty head, which is also a reason I've never purchased the "Indiana Jones" hat.

When I joined the troop 3 years ago, there was no official hat. Adults wore a odd assortment of headwear. I went down to the local embroadry shop and chose a ball cap with a green bill and tan top in an acid washed finish. Had "Troop NNN" and City, State embroaderied around a Flue de luis in green to match the bill. Had first inital, last name added across the back.

I got a few and gave them out to the other ASMs who routinely camped. A few other fellas asked and I had a few more made. Just picked up 3 hats last week and 5 today for the newer ASMS.

So now all the ASMs and SM have matching ball caps with troop number, city, state, and their name on the hat. There is still no offical troop hat. I guess you could consider the adults have "patrol gear".

I wear my OD Tiley hat when ever out doors.. great hat..

I have the new Boy Scout Cap, and like it's shape.. I'm looking forward to getting my Woodbadge Class hat this coming August.. can't wait to go..

My husband bought a brimmed hat for himself, but it didn't fit right. my son stole it, and we found him a different hat band. For some reason that hat band made all the difference, he can be standing with seasoned scouts who comment on the hat and is shocked it is a BS hat.

My son has worn it every where since about 14 years old.. It defines him, and if he leaves the house without it, he feels naked..

My husband still loves that hat, but now just wears baseball caps. He does not want to copy our son's "signature".. Maybe after our son moves out of the house and is in a different troop/district/council.. Still he will have to find a different hat band, so that it's looks different from our son's "signature" hat..

I almost always have a hat on... in fact there are a lot of people that have never seen me without a hat. When I worked it was outdoors and it was good to help with sun, wind, rain, etc... and then after work I'd have that wonderful "hat hair" so I'd just switch to a different hat after work.

for troop meetings I wear the new centenial baseball style hat... if I'm wearing a baseball cap while camping I have another one that is just a general BSA cap... if I'm at summer camp where we have to remove hats in the dining hall than sometimes I wear a bucket style hat with string so it can just push it off and not get it smashed, but it's not a BSA hat. and then of course if it's winter than it's my favorite stocking cap that is extra thick and warm.

I'd love to wear a campaign hat, but in my unit, that's a "Scoutmaster Only" item.

Usually I just go hatless. When I do sport a hat on a campout (outside of uniform), it's usually a standard baseball hat from my alma mater.