Vintage CSP wear?

Hi. I've recently purchased a vintage CSP that has been obsoleted.

Although there is no written policy that I can find...

What are folks' thoughts on "Once official uniform, always official uniform" with regards to antique insignia?

thanks

craig

As I see it, as long as the CSP is for the council in which you are registered, it can be worn.

If it is for a council that no longer exists, then it should not be worn, unless you are perhaps attempting to create a historic look, such as on an older uniform and you want it to look authentic.

I wear the first CSP of our council on my centennial uniform. Many councils produce new or limited edition CSP's for things like FOS, the 100th anniversary of BSA, etc. There isn't a problem with wearing any of them. In fact, I have uniforms with four different CSP's from my council on them.

Cringe they will! :) LOL!

What good is a patch, if it never sees the light of day again?

Granted... if this was serial number 00001, and it was still in shrinkwrap, then I suppose it would find it's way onto my patch blanket.

Thanks for your thoughts everyone.

craig

Granted... if this was serial number 00001, and it was still in shrinkwrap, then I suppose it would find it's way onto my patch blanket.

Lost shrink-wrap! Needle holes!

Im CRINGING!

Ive got two (ones a duplicate) very rare CSPs from my Council. I paid a lot of money for them. One part of me wants to sew one of them on my uniform, but the collector in me just cant bring myself to take a needle to it!

YIS

Mike

I say, do it!

The BSA isn't the military; the uniform's a fun thing, and if you would have fun wearing it, go ahead. I dread the uniform police more than just about anything else. Don't stamp of the fun out of the program.

I agree, this isn't the military. But as a Commissioner I do recomend to the leaders that I serve they wear their uniform correctly, because the uniform is one of the 8 methods of scouting.

Things that were never intended to be worn on the uniform shouldn't be.

That's why I asked about vintage CSP wear, since they were once intended for uniform wear.

Thanks everyone!

As long as the vintage item does not conflict with your current registration, I don't see the problem. Heck, on one of my uniforms, I have the OA flap from when I went through my Ordeal over 20 years ago (same council, same lodge as current registration).

As long as the CSP is for your council, you are good to go. They don't come with expiration dates. There are councils out there that devise all sorts of special event variation CSP's and as long as the council approved them, they are legal.