District Insignia?

My old district has a patch that was developed about 40 years ago. It is worn on the right pocket.

As for the right sleeve, volunteers are not suppposed to wear anything below the U.S. flag, except Regional Jamboree patches. Standard Regional patches are supposed to be restricted to professionals and Regional volunteers. (Yeah, "Look what I got, and I'm going to wear it.")

Is a District an entity unto itself?

IMHO, this is something of a tricky question. :)

If we define an entity as something that has a distinct, separate existence (not necessarily a material existence), then a District may be viewed as an entity. A District is not entitative, however. A District does not exist apart from attendant circumstances. Districts are administrative subdivisions of the local council and do not have a separate corporate status.

Regards,

Axeman

CR/UC

"As for the right sleeve, volunteers are not suppposed to wear anything below the U.S. flag, except Regional Jamboree patches. Standard Regional patches are supposed to be restricted to professionals and Regional volunteers. (Yeah, "Look what I got, and I'm going to wear it.")"

Actually, the only people who are really allowed to wear the Regional Jamboree patches are those holding regional positions AT the jamboree. Just going to the Jamboree really doesn't entitle you to wearing the Regional Jamboree patch (this is clearly stated in the Insignia Guide with the Jamboree emblem info).

You forgot about the Quality Unit/District/Council patches. the most recent one is worn on the sleeve.

Also, if you are in Venturing, you wear either the generic Venturing patch or (if your crew has created one) a crew emblem.