Adult Left Pocket

Oh god of wine and merrymaking,

Gaucho is correct in that only the Powder Horn insignia is authorized to be worn on the left pocket of adults currently. One thing that is intersting is that the IG say's it's a Venturing Leader, when it was opened up to BS leaders as well a few years back.

Here is the link from the online IG in ref to PH insignia.

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/InsigniaGuide/08G.aspx

What I find interesting is that the 2008 Uniform Inspection Sheet for Leaders STILL does not list PH as the emblem to be worn on the left pocket. ( look onder documents onthe SCOUTSTUFF.ORG website for inspection sheet)

Gaucho,

The new PH emblems now have clutchback pins.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=UNIFORMS&c3=UN_MISC&c4=&lv=3&item=4254

"One thing that is intersting is that the IG say's it's a Venturing Leader, when it was opened up to BS leaders as well a few years back."

Actually, PH has been open to BS leaders from day one. When I took PH in 2002, we had several BS leaders. Was never an issue having them.

BD and Sctdad,

Only 1 item is currently authorized for wear on the the left pocket of an adult uniform: Powderhorn Insignia. It is a metal device that originally hung from the button, but with the new centennial uniform, it is now a clutch back. While the Inspection sheet doesn't list it, the IG does. See the link above.

I say currently b/c in looking at some old pics, OA ones to be specific, there is one I've seen of the National OA committee in which every member of that committee is wearing some type of patch on the left pocket. Going to talk to my uniform expert about it.

"Are we done yet, or are we willing to settle on no patches on the left pocket?"

I don't anyone was disputing that.

the Powder Horn medal is a device that hangs from the button, not a patch.

BD,

Not trying to put anyone down. It's just that PH is a "new" course, isn't well advertiased in my council, and I do have experienced SMs and other leaders who give you a deer in the headlights look when you mention PH. In my neck of the woods, not many people know about it, let alone that the insignia for it is authorized for wear on the left pocket. Again, not trying to put anyoen down.