custom art for a scout baseball cap

My troop is looking at making a custom cap for our troop. I am looking for some art ideas for the front of a hat. Can anybody out there show me an example of what you have done? I am looking for something more that just text (troop name and city) on the hat. I'm not really the creative type and would appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Our troop uses the same art as the patch we have on our neckerchef. (http://www.troop1570.org/images/1570patchlogo2.gif) This is also the art work used on our Troop T-shirt. The art work was chosen by the scouts from a collection of design created by the scouts. This allows the boys to take more pride in it. By having the matching pieces helps it fit into the uniforming concept of Scouting.

As a designer myself, I always say "Image is everything" :)

As by chance this design was created by my son from many other designs submitted.

I've been working for months on something simular but for the Class B t-shirts. I had Craig Murry design our troop a new number patch.. I though that this design would also work well for a t-shirt. Nothing too large, but the same size over the left chest area. As for a cap, I too like the idea of using the same number patch to do the same thing. There's a troop in Alexandria louisiana using a troop number on a green ball cap for many years now. Looks great and works well. This was may inspiration. But to add to this.. I live the above camp patch.. Looks great!

have you thought about asking the scouts in the troop for input?

One troop I work with as a UC was having their trailer repainted and an airbrush artist offered his services if the troop had a design. The troop held a design "contest". there were 2 finalists for the design, so rather than picking one, they had the 2 scout designers work together to combine their designs. It was a greats success.