Why No Collarless Shirt?

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually just picked up a collarless Cub Scout shirt at the local thrift store this afternoon.  They did come with long sleeves.     really neat shirt.   i see a lot of posts complain

was a Scouter/Rover Scout in the 1950-60's where our uniform was khaki collarless shirt, shorts, khaki sox with sock tops in troop colours, black laceup shoes, brown leather belt with BS clasp, green scarf with Queensland emblem and traditional hat. This uniform was current overseas in Singapore/Malaya in those years. Did the PTC at Jurong, Singapore in 1962 and the same uniform was very common. Still prefer idea of collarless shirt with scarf.

• 10 years later...

Actually just picked up a collarless Cub Scout shirt at the local thrift store this afternoon.  They did come with long sleeves.  

really neat shirt.

i see a lot of posts complaining about the neckerchiefs.  I think that the purpose of why scouts wear a neckerchief has been lost.  The neckerchief is a key piece to the uniform.  

not wearing one is kind of like wearing a baseball uniform without a hat.  Kind of makes you look sloppy.  

neckerchiefs should be mandatory.  It is ok to enforce scouts wear proper uniforms. Every other youth organization and youth sports requires it without question.  

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, EagleScout95 said:

neckerchiefs should be mandatory.  It is ok to enforce scouts wear proper uniforms. Every other youth organization and youth sports requires it without question.

I would be very sad if our unit didn’t wear one, but actually it is up to the PLC. 

Ah the Scout Neckerchief...  

Collared shirt.   A collarless shirt would require a special tailoring.  That is probably why the C/L shirt was abandoned.  
Over or Under?   Size?  Woggle, slide,  Friendship Knot ? Depends on the wearers attitude.  Is the Necker a useless piece of tradition,  symbol  or a possible tool, as was the original attitude?   Let's see if I can find those pages from "" Matching Mountains with the Boy Scout Uniform; the Official Boy Scout Uniforms"" , by Edward F. Reimer . . .