a different which uniform to wear question

My son is currently registered in 2 Troops and a Team. Which uniform should he wear. The Team is sponsored by one of the Troops that he is registered in. He is also going to Jamboree, so I will have to deal with changing patches on his shirts this summer any way.

Teams are not "sponsored" by Troops. A Team is a separately chartered BSA unit. The Troop and Team can both be chartered by the same community organization (LDS does that all of time), but that is not a Troop sponsoring a Team. Just like a Troop is not the "sponsor" of a Pack chartered by the same organization.

Your son should wear the uniform that represents the unit whose activity he is attending at the time.

If he is at a Troop #1 weekly meeting, he wears the uniform with the Troop #1 insignia.

If he is at a Troop #2 meeting, he wears the uniform with the Troop #2 insignia.

If he is at a Team #2 meeting, he wears the uniform with the Team #2 insignia.

Since he will be going to Jamboree with a Council Contingent, and not as a member of any of his registered units, he can wear which ever complete uniform he wishes.

Scoutnut, I meant to write that the Team and Troop are sponsored by the same church. I know that they are not sponsored by the Troop. Yeah, we will just have to do the best we can for now, cause I don't have the money to buy 2 more uniforms.

I agree that he should have a uniform for each troop. Might I suggest rigging up some kind of Velcro system for his troop numerals? - like they use in the Army.

Why is he an active member of two troops?

You'll need multiple uniform shirts for the jamboree anyway. So there's no reason not to have shirts for each troop. Use them for the jamboree troop (with all the correct jamboree troop insignia), and then convert them to troop shirts when he comes back.

I found some khaki velcro at the Military clothing store I used for my sons rank patch on his centennial shirt pocket.

It was large enough I think I will do my shirts (UC & ASM) and put some velcro on my temp patches.

The Velcro looked like the same brand available at Joann Fabrics...

Kittle, perhaps your son should find some jobs like snow shoveling and lawn mowing this spring in order to purchase uniforms himself. He should have at least 3 shirts and shorts/pants combinations for Jambo. Hot sun and active youth= a little gaminess. I mowed lawns to do Scout activities, otherwise we would not have afforded it with 5 siblings.

In reference to the Troop/Team chartered by the same CO, You should be able to wear the same shirt with different color loops UNLESS the patrols are different and he holds a POR in one or both.

In refernce to Jambo, he will need at least 3 shirts and pants.shorts with JAMBO troop insignia. That is perfectly acceptable for wear prior to jambo. After jambo, he can convert his shirts to unit specific.

While velcro is a good route adults, I advise against it with youth. having a patch of velcro showing int he POR spot doesn't look good. PLUS I'll bet you a $1 that his friends will joke wiht him by saying "you don't deserve this" and rip off the velcroed patch.

kenk,

He has been active in Troop 1 since he crossed over. We were approached about helping to start a Troop in our small town. He didn't want to completely leave his current Troop but felt that his experience would be a good thing for the new Troop. The older boys in his current Troop wished to start a Team, and he wanted to be part of it also.

We are going to get more uniforms for Jamboree, but are waiting for the discount that council is going to give for those. We should find out the 31st how much it is going to be and when it will be given to us.