Year of Celebration Patch & Awards

Here is a picture if you haven't seen one yet:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=CCORNER&c3=BSA2010&c4=&lv=3&item=18155

Another poster already put the requirements up for the award parts but I'll repeat:

http://ww2.scouting.org/100years/100years/sitefiles/1000/YourSource/PlanningTools/A_Year_of_Celebration/BSA_Year_Patch_Earning.pdf

The program started on September 1, 2009, so check your records to see if your unit or members have already completed any of the requirements.

be adviswed that the first batch of patches has been recalled, or at least that wis what the local council told me when I went to buy a few more. The new batch will be coming out in Dec, at least acccording to Scoutstuff.org.

Looks Like I got myself a collector's item ;)

"be adviswed that the first batch of patches has been recalled, or at least that wis what the local council told me when I went to buy a few more."

Maybe because of the button loop. I thought it looked very flimsy.

• 3 weeks later...

"be adviswed that the first batch of patches has been recalled, or at least that wis what the local council told me when I went to buy a few more."

Maybe because of the button loop. I thought it looked very flimsy.

I'm assuming it's because of the loop. All 4 of the ones we have in our family, the loop has fallen apart and it's not wearable. I'm glad I caught it before the kids lost theirs. Hoping my Scout Shop will take a trade-in when the new ones arrive.

I dropped by my scout shop, and they had the 'new' patches.

They replaced the button loop. It looked like they snipped off the original loop, and added a new loop, attaching it with a firm piece of tape (ie, the loop isn't sewn in).

I'll keep my originals as a collector's item...