Very large Cub Scout

Have he tried the XXL shirt? The pants come in big sizes, so he should be OK there. According to the size chart at http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/SizeCharts.aspx, the XL shirt is about the same as a Adult small (chest size anyway), so maybe the XXL is close to an adult medium.

Since he'll only need the shirt until school lets out in May/June, hopefully, the XXL will be wearable until then. Next year, he can go to the green shirt which comes in all the larger adult sizes.

Otherwise, I don't know of an alternate source.

silasm,

Greetings!

Is there an alternatve source? Well yes and no. There is a Scoutstuff M2M order form which you probably haven't seen. Has anyone dealt with this before? No. I haven't.

As Alfansome stated, possibly the CS youth XXL will be appropriate size.

Scouts and Adults come in all shapes and sizes, also the BSA has membership with physical limitations or physical disAbilities. (No disrespect intended). Because of all these reasons Scoutstuff/National Supply Center have tailor made uniforms.

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/images/pdfs/70-053_M2MOrderForm.pdf

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

I had to take an order for M2M uniform and for CS I do not recommend it. here is the link

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/images/pdfs/mtm-form.pdf

Why do i not recommend it? First off two of the items needed are required, i.e. two shirts need to be made, two pants need to be made, etc. Why deos he need two uniforms for only 9 months?

Second it is expensive. While the form doesn't include prices, if I remember correctly it's about 20% more expensive PER ITEM,so it adds up fast.

Again I've only seen this done 1 time, and the indiviudal was assigned to work jambo and needed 2 uniforms minimum.

This is a great forum, I'm glad I finally "de-lurked" to ask this question. I will pass this information on to the scout's family. It sounds like he should at least give the XXL a try. M2M for only 20% more would probably be an acceptable deal... but having to order two would not.

Our pack doesn't require the cubs to wear the pants (I know, I know! But they outgrow them so fast....) so only the shirt and perhaps the hat are an issue.

That shirt measures 19" across the shoulder seams and 23" from under the armpits to 23" at the belt line.

It is a lightly used poly-cotton shirt, I got it with a batch of ebay stuff I wanted, Boy Scouts of America strip and flag patch look good faint sign of other patches sewn on. Twenty bucks shipped.