CENTENNARY NECKER IS OLD THE SIZE!

THEY BROUGHT BACK THE OLD SIZE NECKERCHIEF!!!!!!!!!

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=CCORNER&C3=BSA2010&C4=&LV=3&item=64038&prodid=64038^8^01RTL&

100th Anniversary Neckerchief

100th Anniversary neckerchief is our traditional larger size 49.5" x 35.5" x 35.5". Fabric is a cotton blend (80% cotton and 20% polyester). It features our timeless 100th Anniversary logo and has accent red twill tape detailing outlining the neckerchief edges.

Retail Price: $12.99

MUST GET!

Stopped by the local distributor on the way home. had to pick up some red and white unit numbers and a new trained strip :(

BUT I order my necker and a few other things while I was there. Also picked up the new catalog. Why did they have to use a dog to advertise the new necker?

As for bulk discounts, I'ld talk to your local distriburot or scout shop. national scout shops can sometimes, stress SOMETIMES do it, with approval from national, but your local distributors can usually do it for ya.

I got mine hot off the truck at the Scout Shop I work at. It's great except that with the ribbon trim it's very hard to roll and too thick when rolled to fit through the rubber slide that goes with it (sold separately of course).

Anyone have any ideas on how to roll it so it fits the slide?. I don't want to ask 2-3 people to get it on every time I want to wear it.

I'm not impressed with it being on a dog either.

The Centenary Necker for the 100th Anniversary of Scouting Worldwide also hd a ribbon border. I actually folded the necker, like the older BSHB recommend you do. IT WORKS. difficult, yes, but one person can do it. Also folding the Tiger necker will keep the slide on a hyperactive Tiger ;)

Now if only folding would work on my 18th WSJ Clog slide :( . NO ONE that I know of was able to get that sucker on both sides of a necker. Most people had one on each side, and either tied ii in a knot or used another slide.(This message has been edited by eagle92)

Severl parents here use a safety pin through the necker just under and behind the slide so it's hidden from view.

How did I go seven years and never lost a slide or necker? I eather stuck them in my pocket or in more orginized events left them in my hat which had my name in it.

Got mine...

Even at almost 36 on a side it looks a little small on me,

19 inch neck will do that.

I you look carefully at the catalog pic not only is the dog

wearing one but so is one of the boys and it reaches his belt,

mines four inches short of my belly button,

wish the Webelos Den Leader necker was this size.

The ribbon is grosgrain, prolly nylon and stitched to the top

only not wrapped around like bias tape.

It rolls up easy and is a heaver fabric than the std necker,

all in all I would rate it up there with the carabiner cup

for being cool usefull gear.

• 1 month later...

New neckerchief is really nice! I'm a "bigger fella" and usually stick to bolos because the neckers just don't fit well. I also like the ribbon edge. Overall pretty sharp. Also got one for First Class son and he has been wearing it regularly. I do agree with previous mention that the rubber slide does not work well. Not sure if it is due to size or the material of the slide. Just doesn't go on easily.

But overall, this is a nice combination. Kudos to Supply Division on this one.

Ken

For those who lose their slides, think outside the box!

Looking at old pics of BP, he has his slide vertical and not horizontal. Tuck each side into each side of the slide (i.e. top one side, bottom the other), pull both ends to slide it up and tie off ends with a square knot. I'll guarantee no scout will ever lose his slide with this method.

Stosh