Centennial Shirts & Lost Temporary Insignia

We have been experiencing problems with the boys losing temporary insignia which was hanging off the right hand pocket on the Centennial Uniform. The Centennial Uniform has one button on the back of the velcro pocket flap. Looped patches have come off during games and other activities. This was not a problem with the previous shirts as the patch hanger was "sandwiched" between the pocket and the flap. Has anyone else experienced this or developed any solutions? I was thinking of some type of stiff washer perhaps.

I hadn't thought about it (because I don't have a new shirt) but even with the old shirts, unless you keep the pocket buttoned you're likely to lose the patch. With the new shirts it's not possible to button the button.

How about this: Take one of the tiny rubber bands kid use on their braces (should be readily available among a group of teenagers); slip it over the patch loop and slide it down to where the loop is attached to the patch; button the patch to the shirt button; then slide the rubber band up under the button, cinching the loop closed around th button.

No idea if this will work, but my thought was to somehow cinch the loop closed around the button. Maybe someone has a better idea that the rubber bands.

I actually did alter my centennial uniform. I took off the button from the flap, sewed it onto the pocket, made a buttonhole, and covered it up with my lodge flap. No one can tell I modified the uniform.

Also you know the wife loves when she embroiders "Boy Scouts of America" onto the shirt. ;) from 3 feet away, it isn't noticable, but up close it is.(This message has been edited by eagle92)

""Prairie,

Coudn't find a strip the exact color AND not being used Wife volunteered her embroidery services.""

My post was in referance to temporary insignia on the right pocket button, seems my postings are clear as mudd, as usual.