New Uniform Shirt Poly-Wool?

"Are you sure that's not just the old ODL design?"

Its not. I saw one at NOAC. The only difference between this one and the 'regular' centennial uniform was the lack of the sleeve pocket and bellow pockets on the front.

* buttons are the tan ones, not the old brown ones.

* back has the bellows. (whatever they are called).

* flaps on the front pockets have buttons, but are behind the flap, so they don't show (like the regular shirt). Still has the sew down on the left pocket for pen/pencil.

* believe the flag and BSA strip are done the same way as the centennial shirt.

I agree with scoutldr that the pictured shirt is the old ODL shirt. Zoom in on the U.S. flag and I think that you can see that it's embroidered rather than the new style. I recently bought a new one of these poly/wool shirts on eBay. It does have directions for machine washing but states that it is "not intended for industrial laundry use". The one that I bought was also "Made in the U.S.A." rather than imported. Catalog no. 90194. Makes for a rather nice looking shirt!

My problem with the Centennial shirts is that they were apparently designed with plumbers in mind. The ones that I have seen , the shirt tail comes out every time you bend over. That is a result of the short straight-cut shirt tail. I think that is one of the design flaws that needs to be fixed before they gain wide acceptance.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I much prefer the functional bellows pockets over the old flat pockets.

I'm with you.  I do like these pockets.  In fact, our troop is looking at a button up activity shirt which is a less expensive knock off of the Columbia style fishing shirts with these pockets.  I like them.  We just have to accept the fact that sometimes we of the minority are right.

NE, I don't have that problem with the centennial shirt tails. I like my shirt a little roomier and wear a xxxl when I really could get by with an xxl. I'm 6'2", but my shirt tail hangs well over my butt and I actually have a little trouble getting it all tucked in neatly.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so, if I am reading the National Supply website correctly, there are now (3) "Official" uniform shirts:

1. The Centennial Uniform (in 2 types of fabric)

2. The Dela renta Uniform (is this the "ODL"?)

3. The new poly/wool uniform.

So conceivable a unit could have 3 different shirts in amongst the boys and adult leaders.

Yes, I think that is what is meant by ODL. It is being phased out -- there is "yet another BOGO sale" (buy one - get one) that ends today. See Scoutstuff.org and click on the sale link.

Until the stock is pretty much exhausted I would expect more BOGO sales to continue.