"Made in China"

skeptic

Your opinions are duly noted. I do not hate the man at all, quite the opposite, he has a lot of charisma, but I do feel he is going in the wrong direction. On this forum I have watched good people in high places get viciously ripped apart by partisan bickering, unfortunately it is part of being in the public eye. Everything I have said is true and the facts of recent events from National, and why I admire your optimism I think it is ill placed. I will for your and others benefit tone down my rhetoric on the CSE, even though my intent was to appeal to him to have a change of heart and make the BSA the positive driving force that it once was in our society.

I have a new Centennial Uniform, bought one the second day they were available, hadnt bought a new uniform since 4 months prior to the 2001 National Jamboree where I was an Asst scoutmaster. Havent had a problem with it, although the flag ribbon and rubberized Red letters are more than a bit disconcerting.

I asked about the guarantee specifically for new people, to be of service to them. I did not know the guantee has been shrunk down to 30 days, I will have to call my local service center and ask when that change occurred. Because maybe if we can get the word out on the gurantee and urge people to return poor quality uniforms, perhaps then they will have to look at the supplier. If all we do is moan to each other and don't let them know, how can they fix it? if they get back a bunch of returns, that they will understand

Whne di they change the guarantee to only 30 days? And they better honor all the guarantee at time of purchase! I know I specifically bought a backpack from national for a little more than I could through Campmor BECAUSE of the lifetime guarantee.

Just called the local Council Scout Store and asked if the 100% Satisfaction guarantee was still in effect for the Centennial Uniform and was told indeed, the same gurantee that has always been on the uniforms continues without any time limit.

The 100-percent phrase is used on the ScoutStuff Facebook page, it says "All products sold by Boy Scouts of America carry a 100-percent guarantee."

Given such information, I think we should all resolve to be sure we return any bit of the new uniform, or any uniform piece or anything bought in the Scout Store and get either a replacement or a refund. Apparently the only way to effect policy is through monetary means and for the uniform that means returning sub-standard uniform parts. If the guarantee isnt well known, the its up to us who know to spread the word.

Do you think if enough pieces are returned, we can get the manufaturing of the uniforms home to the USA?

Just to chip in.

I purchased a Chinese-made guitar about 4 years ago. . . and subsequently the American guitar company put out its own US-made guitar, much better quality, for only about $200 more. I regret my timing: I would have quickly paid the extra for the much superior product.

It's that way with most things. I'm willing to pay a bit extra. In the long-run, manufacturing is a very positive thing for an economy. . . good thorughout for everyone. . . and the Chinese know this, hence they egregiously manipulate their currency's rate of exchange to attract more manufacturing.

I would not hesitate to pay $5 more per shirt or pants for US-made BSA uniforms.

The "100 % Satisfaction Guarantee" was definitely in effect last year. Bought a pair of switchbacks the previous year, used them for about 10 months and had some stitching start coming out around the seams. Took them back for a new pair before they completely unraveled. They were exchanged without a hitch. No receipt, no problem! What a deal! Was pleasantly surprised!