New Uniform CSP

I'm working a non-Scouting camp here in southern indiana for the next two weeks, and already found the council HQ for Hoosier TRAILS. They had two CSP' for the council.

First was the regular mostly-red one. Second one had the same design, but was kinda beige, with dark green border, lettering, and Indiana map with Council area in black. Only design difference was the new one had a pale, understated "sunburst" in an indescribable pale blue.

I asked if it was a replacement CSP, and received an emphatic NO. required for the new uniform? NO. I was then told that a new design WAS in the works, but it had nothing to do with, nor the same colors as, the new uniform.

Gotta admit, it DID look very good with the new uniform, but was also very happy to hear that there were no plans to do away with the bright colors CSP.

What a concept-- "Give people a choice". So far, it hasn't killed anyone yet. I was told that both sell very well.

Actually, one of the councils I work with came out with a new CSP with a new design (similiar to their new logo) and using one of the new CSP shape (half moon shape). As I wasn't aware that was a new shape, I thought it was an improper design.

But both this patch and the prior CSP are sold. Either can be worn in the council, on either the old or new uniform.

I am curious if they will get rid of the commissioner CSP which is oversized.