Court of Honor Uniform for Cub Scout?

It is not "wrong" to be in casual dress but I would say that it is very, very right to be in full Cub Scout and Den Leader uniform. I would also suggest that you be sure that the Troop knows that the Cub Scout and Den Leader are coming in uniform and that they are recognized during the Court of Honor and the Cub Scout, in particular, is made to feel very good and very welcome. If, for example, the Scoutmaster speaks directly to the Cub Scout and says that s/he sure hopes that he will join the Troop when the time comes, it may really make a difference.

In uniform -- absolutely!

It is not "wrong" to be in casual dress but I would say that it is very, very right to be in full Cub Scout and Den Leader uniform. I would also suggest that you be sure that the Troop knows that the Cub Scout and Den Leader are coming in uniform and that they are recognized during the Court of Honor and the Cub Scout, in particular, is made to feel very good and very welcome. If, for example, the Scoutmaster speaks directly to the Cub Scout and says that s/he sure hopes that he will join the Troop when the time comes, it may really make a difference.

In uniform -- absolutely!

When two distant cousins of mine got Eagle, I was not only invited to attend in CS uniform, but was challenged to continue in Scouting until I could 'reach the summit that is Eagle." I say go for it.

When we have our COH we have several little brother's who wear their Cub uniforms. Also many CS parents wear their uniforms as well. After all Cub Scouts is part of BSA. Besides it makes them feels like they are part for the Troop and usually they behave and pay attention.

I say wear the uniform. My 8 year old son wore his Cub uniform to an Eagle Court of Honor and as a result was asked to get up on stage and be a participant. This has left an impression on him, he's already talking about when he gets his Eagle.

• 2 weeks later...