Scout Sun Patch

I went to order the dove shaped patch right after Scout Sun. and it was removed from the web. I sent an email and also posted on Facebook. I got 2 different answers.

"We are out of stock(more due in 3/10/08) and that's why they are not shown on the website."

Facebook - "Are you talking about the Scout Sunday patches in the shape of a dove? Those were limited edition patches and are no longer available online. However, your local Scout Shop may have them."

It's now the 12th and they still aren't on the web. I responded to the email and asked if they still weren't in stock and have yet to get a response.

Thoughts?

I ended up ordering from 3 different scout shops. I'm sure the shipping will make each patch more expense. I'm really surprised the Facebook comment was correct and the Customer Service email wasn't. Live and learn...

just a note - I am sure the folks at the national star outside of work are lovely folks ....BUT

my opinion - they are a taco short of a combo plate.

I have ordered from them TWICE only and both times the orders were wrong.

This last time I ordered a craft item and some uniform items. For the uniform items, they sent only one number (6 or 9) and sent a bunch of them. Then they didnt send the craft but instead sent 2 dozen dark green socks. ?????? And the invoice and packer showed what I ordered not what was shipped.

When I called and explained the situation, the lady said "uh huh" and that was it. So I said can I send them back and they did accept them back AND pay for my return shipping but I was really surprised that the person on the phone didnt really seem shocked or surprised. Maybe she hadnt had her morning grits.

anyway, with 2 out of 2 wrong, my confidence in them is low.

We have been having patches custom made and they are around .75/patch. And they are smaller as those Cub Vests can really fill up.

To avoid Charlotte, where the national warehouse is, call a nationally run scout ship directly. They do ship, and it may be cheaper due to the shop's location to you,i.e the further away from the shipper, the higher the shipping cost.

Also if they do not have the merchandise, they will order it from other stores and send it to you in one package, saving you the cost of making multiple orders and multiple shipping costs. However it may take longer for you to get them.

As for why the indiviual scout shops have some, but not the warehouse, soemtimes the shops order to much, get returns, or units don't pick them up.

a former supply division weenie