NEW Uniform Inspection sheets!

GWD, this is from the insignia guide

"Female leaders wearing either the traditional yellow Cub Scout leader blouse, the optional tan leader blouse, or the Venturing blouse, may wear one temporary insignia centered above the Boy Scouts of America strip."

GWD,

The reason for the difference in temp/jambo patch location for female leaders is modesty.

With the location of the pockets on the new shirts and their bellows styling, the patches tend to 'dangle' more. Especially for those female leaders who are more 'well endowed' than others.

It tends to draw un-necessary and unwanted attention to that portion of the anatomy.

There were indeed skirts of various types for female leaders. At one point the skirts were the wrap around style. Later they were a-line first without and then with elastic in the waist bands. At one time there were both olive green and blue dresses. The blue dresses evolved over the years, and there was even a jumper. I have been able to purchase skirts on eBay.

When the Oscar de la Renta uniforms were debuted, ALL female leaders wore the "traditional yellow blouse". This was a garment without a pocket on the right side. This is only blouse on which temporary patches may be worn above the Boy Scouts of America strip. Female leader tops which have a right pocket are *not* the "traditional yellow blouse", and temporary insignia is worn on the right pocket, as it is on everyone else's top.

infoscouter, my quote above is directly form the insignia guide, here is the online vesrion http://www.scouting.org/Media/InsigniaGuide/03.aspx under "Temporary Insignia"

Back on topic, there is no mention of the six merit badges that are allowed above the right cuff of the long sleeve uniform.

The Webelos form states "Webelos Scouts may wear the den emblem in place of the den numeral." and "If the den numeral is worn, wear colors below and touching the numeral (as shown).". But it does not mention the wearing the colors with a den emblem, but it does show a Webelos with his colors covering up his patrol emblem.(This message has been edited by click23)

I should have stated that better.

There is no mention of the six merit badges that are allowed above the right cuff of the long sleeve uniform on the new inspection forms. Wonder if that will be done away with in the new revision on the insignia guide, I don't remember the last time a scout wearing them there.

The new inspection sheets do not who the tricolors and patrol medallion. I don't think it's an option as the patrol mediallion was covered up when they did authorize both the tricolor and the medallion 9 years ago.

The positioning for the National Summertime award looks awkward. The literature says it is to be worn centered on the right pocket flap, but the pictures of the cubs and pocket diagram show it being worn off-center and at the top of the pocket flap. It looks like it would pop off if the Outdoor Activity award is also worn.

Yeah...I noticed the off-center Summertime Pack Award, too.

The reality is that the inspection sheets (and even the insignia guide) don't really address all the pin possibilities on a Cub's right pocket, which could include multiple Summertime Awards and Wolf Track pins (for subsequent earnings of the Outdoor Activity Award).

• 1 month later...

I stopped at my Council scout shop today to pick up a few things for one of my Cubs uniform for our B&G this Friday.

The lady in line ahead of me was discussing uniform set-up with the store manager.

I inquired if the new insignia guide was out/coming out soon. The manager replied that it will be available in late March/early April.

Perhaps then we can get 'proper' answres to the controvercies the new uniforms have caused.(This message has been edited by Sarge)