Wearing the 2008 Centennial Quality Unit Award

Well the other half just got her today uniform and loved it. Not in the dog house YEAH!!!

On another note, in organizing my patches last nite, I found the most current Quality District patch. looks like I back at the drawing board with up to date uniforms.

Well the other half just got her today uniform and loved it. Not in the dog house YEAH!!!

Well done.  May we all be so fortunate.  Tell her happy birthday from the group!

On another note, in organizing my patches last nite, I found the most current Quality District patch. looks like I back at the drawing board with up to date uniforms.

It never ends.  I need to change our my wife's pack patches for troop ones, as did my son on his uniform.  I still have to put on the CQU patches on 2 of my troop uniforms.  For the reasons listed on this thread by others, I really am unimpressed with it--it is just too big and gaudy.  I liked the old "Honor Unit" patches.  Small and subtle.

Glad the doghouse video kept you in stitches.

• 1 month later...

"Not only is the patch ridiculously large, but the logo on it is silk screened or some other similar process, meaning it'll eventually get trashed from repeated cleaning unless you get the shirt dry cleaned."

NOT a good idea - if dry cleaned, the logo will no longer be attached to the patch when you get the uniform back. I've washed my uniform exclusively because of this, and I've seen no degradation of the logo. Of course, we have earned the QU every year since the troop started (coming up on 25 years in January 2010!), so they only need to survive one year's washings. I'm not sure how often the boys (and leaders) are washing their shirts, but I can tell which ones are dry cleaned by the lack of the QU logo.