Eagle Scout Advancement in Venturing Crew

I was told that advanvement to the Eagle Scout rank is now not part of the revised Venturing program. The venture scouts that wish to advance to Eagle must retain their membership in a scout troop. My question is, if this is true why can I not find it in any official material?

PS: OA is also not an official Venturing Activity (no girls allowed)?

If that is true, it is very new. All I can find says a boy at least first class when he joins the crew can work to Eagle in the crew. If its changed, thats great as the female members of the crew cannot and I dont think thats right.

And as far as I know, OA members have to be boy scouts, Venture Crews are not mentioned. Although in our lodge we have female leader members who duly pased their ordeal. I dont know if that has changed

I just worked on a Powder Horn training course and both questions were brought up. They said a boy must retain their membership in a Troop to attain Eagle and that only a Troop can have an OA election. I will go through my material to see where it can be found and will contact the instructor if I can't find the info.

Any adult Troop leader, who meets the camping requirment, may become a member of the OA.