Tiger Cub Immediate Recognition Badge

The 2008 Uniform Guide: http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/images/pdfs/2008UniformGuide.pdf shows the beads using a single strand of the lanyard splitting the tiger tracks and the black go see it beads on the left side and another strand splitting the white family and orange den beads on the right. All the beads are in single rows of 5. The Tiger Cub Insignia Guide: http://www.scouting.org/media/insigniaguide/04.aspx and the package cover for the kit of 5 badges show 4 individual 2 sided strands with 3 beads on 1 strand and 2 on the other. The beads are arranged orange/den, white/family, black/go see it, and yellow tracks. Which is the "correct" way to string and arrange the beads?

I have my Den's beads going in the order of the Achievements: Family, Den, Go See It, Tiger Tracks. The beads are spilt 3 and 2 on the lanyard. I don't think there is really a "right" way to do it. I might change the way my son's are once he gets the all(or even right now)because I like the way it's done in the uniform guide better. The way I have them now they keep coming undone. ETA: I'm going to keep them in the same order. It just make sence to go that way. Reading left to right.

Diana(This message has been edited by Ltfightr)

When My son was in Tigers last year, I arranged his in the order listed on page 163 in the back of the book. Family (white), Den (orange), GO-SEE-IT (black), and Tiger Tracks (yellow). His totem has 4 holes in it, one for each color.

I also put all 5 beads on 1 strand to hang straight down. Both for neatness in appearance and so that when he and his friends were running around, there was less noise. The more strands with beads, the more click-clacking there is...

Also, page 18 in the Tiger Cub Handbook has a picture of how to do it. That's what I followed.

But I don't think there is a 'right way' per-say to do it. Other kids in our den did it differently.(This message has been edited by Sarge)

There is no "correct" way, or order, to string your Tigers beads.

Whichever way your Tiger prefers is fine.

The only thing I would recommend is that you lock your bottom bead in the way it is pictured in the Uniform Guide. Take the lanyard and loop it back over and through the bead. A regular knot slips out of the plastic easily. This keeps the beads secure.