First year camper program

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by a syllabus, for most camps I'm aware of operate with a menu of sorts that Scouts can pick and choose from for their activities. Same with troop activities. There's usually a menu.

But if you're looking for something that the first year Scouts can do other than merit badges, the camp we go to has something that might interest you. It's a program called Flight to Eagle. Basically, it's program of one hour time slots. There are two hours in the morning, and two hours in the afternoon when first year Scouts can participate in a program that is targetted precisely at the Tenderfoot, Second, and First Class rank requirements. It's a good way for Scouts who have just joined a troop only a couple of months before to get a good amount of work done towards any of these ranks, or all three at once.

• 4 weeks later...

Many councils camp have a first year campers program designed to get the scout to 1st class. My advice is that if your council camp doesn't offer this then call some other councils. My has changes the "Davy Crocket" program 3 times in attempts to make it better. And each year it does get a little better.