Eagle Scout Rank Patch wear after age 18

46 minutes ago, FireStone said:

I think there are uniform regulation lines that just shouldn't be crossed. Maybe sometimes those lines are a little blurry (am I really going to give an 18-year-old a hard time for wearing the Eagle badge?) and then I think there are lines that are crystal clear (the 40+ year-old Council guy wearing the badge is ridiculous).

Some things we let slide, while some things are sacred in the BSA and should be respected. This is one of those things that I think needs to be respected. We're not talking about an improperly worn Bobcat badge here. This is about improper wearing of an Eagle rank badge. I agree that it's tacky, and I might take it a step further and say it's disrespectful. 

So, what's the disincentive?

Does your roundtable regularly hold uniform inspections? If so, are they using the scout shop's inspection sheet?

https://mediafiles.scoutshop.org/m2pdf/50015_Leaders_Unif_InspFNL.pdf

Oh, look on page 2 at the pretty partial left pocket diagram with no knots and a rank patch!

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I too earned my Eagle at the zero hour before my 18th birthday.   This was due to procrastination and laziness.  I earned Life by the age of 16 and then dragged my feat on my project and 2 merit badge

I note, @@The Black Eagle (welcome by the way), that you seem to hold a great deal of resentment towards this issue, and that you seem especially zealous to make your point - lots of capital letters a

Posted Images

That inspection sheet is both cheaply and poorly made. The diagram is obviously copied-and-pasted right off the youth form; if you read the form on the left though, you get more correct information for a leader's inspection.

I never use pre-made inspection sheets; the most important source is the Guide to Awards and Insignia. I make my own inspection sheets based off that; anything else, even if published by the BSA as with these forms, could be in error.

As for incentives or disincentives - well, wearing the uniform correctly to the best of one's knowledge is ultimately a matter of personal honor. Much as may like to wear this badge or that emblem, I must personally remember that if it is not appropriate to the BSA's official rules and guidelines, it would be dishonorable of me to wear it. That applies to every member, whether others know or even care. Honor is a fading virtue in circles, but not my own, and that's what each boy and leader needs to consider first in a matter such as this 

2 hours ago, scotteg83 said:

Wish I could find a cub's hat that would actually fit my large head.

I can tell you, having tried, that I will probably never find a Lion hat that I could possibly wear.

3 hours ago, MikeS72 said:

I can tell you, having tried, that I will probably never find a Lion hat that I could possibly wear.

Maybe if you do a favor for a Massai warrior, he could you give you the hat that he made out of the first lion that he caught. :laugh: