Old uniform - current position

Oh BeeDubya, your position doesn't even have feet of clay. By your standards, every Roundtable Commissioner should abandon his 2007 vintage uniform and run out and buy a Centenial Uniform.

Please cite one official BSA publication that states that a Roundtable Commish musto or even should wear the uniform currently available at the Scout Shop.

GW

You have misunderstood the role of Roundtable and how it achieves its purposes, and the RT Commissioner's role in managing those goals. That's Okay because you are not the RT commissioner or the person to whom the question was directed.

I am sure should you ever have the need to fill that position then the questions I have asked will have more relevance for you once you have taken the training for the position.

In the meantime you might consider waiting until the discussion progresses a little further, and you may find your questions answered in the process.

I fail to see how being uniformed properly (the book still indicates that an older uniform is always consider official does it not?) in any post in scouting is a problem. If an adult leader is properly uniformed it would appear to me that this sets an example for the boys and other leaders in their unit to be properly uniformed.

This older uniform may be a talking point for a few individuals, however I can't see this as something that would significantly take away from the point of the Round Table for those leaders who attend.

This is one case where I can see almost no reasonable objection to why anyone would not take the 100% chapter and verse answer and use it, and somehow I find myself on the opposite side of the argument with the leading supporter of the "Always run the program exactly as its written" school of thought

Rythos

(Who attends Roundtable each month for whatever it's worth

Rythos, obviously you're like me and don't understand the issues at hand. Since BeeDubya is the only one who seems to think that wearing an old uniform is baaaaad, he is the only one who does understand. Although, uncharacteristically BeeDubya has failed to cite BSA publication on the matter.

Bob

To help you understand I will give you an example of a roundtable from one of my old districts when I was a DE, no matter how hard the RT commishs tried to convince them otherwise only one or two of the attendees ever wore their uniforms to roundtable. One of my commissioners was an avid vintage uniform collector and loaned out these for the roundtable commish's to wear. The first month the attendees asked all kinds of questions about these vintage uniforms. The following month and dressed in yet another vintage uniform it was observed that about 75% attended in uniform. By the third month 100% were in uniform, without ever once mentioning proper uniforming to the leaders, instead just reinstilling in them the history, pride, and value of the BSA uniform. Never doubt the power of a visual symbol in persuading behavior.