Boy Scout kilts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As scouting goes I think it would be great if the BSA would allow Utilikilts be worn at functions, dress or otherwise. The BSA logo embroidered on the front panel in gold on a green Survival model wou

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Personally as I type this I am having a kilt custom made to wear at my wood badge beading ceremony, in the Maclaren tartan, the unofficial tartan of Boy Scouts. It is official for wood badge not scouting in general. I have to wonder that if the people posting negative comments on this page have the same feeling about scouts showing up in sports shorts, sweat pants, camo pants, jeans, ............. Every time my troop has an event ( I am ASM ) we say no sports pants and yet there they are. We even are lenient and say at least tan cargo shorts but the sports pants and shorts always appear. Kilts to me would be a step up. (I know this thread is old but I have just appeared so I added my two cents)

Personally as I type this I am having a kilt custom made to wear at my wood badge beading ceremony' date=' in the Maclaren tartan, the unofficial tartan of Boy Scouts. [/quote']

The Clan MacLaren Society of North America has established a special associate (non-voting) membership for any Scouter who has earned his or her Wood Badge. Wood Badge membership in the Clan MacLaren Society of North America (CMSNA) is therefore extended to all Wood Badge-trained Scouters who have completed their "ticket" and have received their Wood Badge beads. Pick up a membership form at the Clan MacLaren tent at a Highland Games. Or, download an application from here ( please include your Wood Badge Course Number! ).

Cost is 15.00 Per year to be a Member

There are five Patterns of Tartans That the MacLarens wear by the Way.

As scouting goes I think it would be great if the BSA would allow Utilikilts be worn at functions, dress or otherwise. The BSA logo embroidered on the front panel in gold on a green Survival model would look very sharp. I've had my denim Utilikilt for 15 years or so and have worn it to weddings, clubbing, BBQ's, and campouts. It has made hiking a lot easier when terrain is steep or involved any climbing. Camping has its benefits too. http://www.utilikilts.com/shop/survival.html

• Upvote 1