Which color of unit numbers for the new tan uniforms?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly not intending for that to happen.

I understand that people from the National office and Supply have been known to be wrong. I don't want to put full faith in one persons statements.

I'll tack the red numerals until the new insignia guide comes out. I like the green ones anyways.

Sarge,

Not a problem. heck I even said that the tan and green numbers were a mistake unless you make Blue and Gold Numbers for CS and Green and Gold numbers for Venturing. Then again I guess the CS could use the Sea Scout blue and white numbers :)

"heck I even said that the tan and green numbers were a mistake unless you make Blue and Gold Numbers for CS and Green and Gold numbers for Venturing."

In the old days, cub scouts wore blue and gold numbers and Explorers wore brown and green numbers. (Explorer uniforms were green with brown trim, hence those colors).

Had the opportunity today to stop by the council office in the city I work in. Since it's sometimes easier to pick up things and attend stuff their, I asked about CS training since I want a refresher. So I started talking about things that I will need before my son and I join a pack and unit numbers come up. I mentioned the Red Numbers on the new uniforms for Webs and leaders and was told that it correct, despite what the literature out shows. Also told the new ICG will be out in january.

Why do I think that once the last shipment of khaki and green numbers is used up, they switch back to red number for everyone?