Does anyone here know of a source for tan colored hook and loop fasteners (Velcro)?

Specifically I am looking for this material in 3 in round shapes for position patches but would be interested in other shapes in tan color as well.

Thanks.

Fabric shops will carry it in a couple of colors, usually black and/or white, but occassionally other shades. It comes in strips usually. Sheets are very expensive. You could buy strips and lay out, then use badge magic or hemming strips to heat seal the hooks to the badge. Also, don't use the material for the entire badge backing, velcro can actually rip the material of the shirt if large areas are used to secure an item, and then the item is removed without care. The loop section will have to be sewn (or heat sealed) on the uniform in a similar manner. You should also realize that you will have a badge that doesn't sit flush on the shirt, but will be raised up (about 3x the thickness of the badge).

Yeah, you will have to probably make it out of strips, I got some 2 inch strips. Make sure that the velcro circle you put on the shirt is smaller than the patch so that the patch hides the velcro better. It works great for me.

• 1 month later...

If you know someone that can get to a Military CLothing and Sales shop they have tan 3" strips.

That is where I got mine. I live in a Navy town, andI bought my 4" strips from the local uniform/patch/shop. They were willing to sell it by the yard. I paid $8.00 a strip and had to buy the hook separate from the sheet. I have used up my hookand need to buy more, but still have some loop left. I have been very pleased with this stuff, as it is high quality and a good color match for the BSA uniform. I have no need for the green on my Venturing shirt.