Okay.......Where do the numbers go?????

Ready to sew my patches on my "new centennial" scout shirt and I've got a question as to where the unit numerals are really supposed to go. Since there is no definitive inspection sheet yet available, can someone tell me if the unit numerical designation should be placed with its bottom edge along the upper edge of the pocket flap or against the bottom edge of the council flap?

Please don't refer me to the many photos of the new style shirt on the web. They don't answer the mail in my case. In every photo I've seen so far, the numerical desination seems to bridge the gap between the top edge of the pocket flap and the bottom of the council flap without much if any gap in between them.

If I properly place my council flap with its upper edge along the shoulder seam and place the bottom edge of the numerical designation along the upper edge of the pocket flap I end up with a gap of about 2 1/4 inches between the bottom of the council flap and the top edge of the numerical designation. This doesn't look right at all. This problem is the same on both the supplex nylon and poplin versions of the shirt.

The photos I've seen so far don't show any gap that large between the top of the numerals and the bottom of the council patch.

Help!!!!!! I'm about to impale myself with a needle and thread!!!!!!!!!

PS Maybe my council needs a beefier flap!!!!!!!!!!

There is no "official" answer at this point because BSA still hasn't released new inspection sheets (at least I couldn't find any today).

For my son's new Webelos uniform, I put the top of the numbers touching the bottom of the council patch and it looks just fine to me and consistent with the previous/current uniform. Definitely better than a gap, IMHO.

So, do what you think is best and hope that you've chosen wisely!

I had a discussion about patch placement on the new uniform with our local Scout Shop manager the last time I was there (and feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

This is not official but to me it matches what is shown in the picture of the right sleeve in the new uniform flyer.

The council shoulder patch, veteran unit bar (if worn) and unit numerals (if worn) go in the same place as the old uniform.

From the Leader Uniform inspection sheet:

Left Sleeve

Council shoulder patch is directly below the shoulder seam.

Veteran unit bar, if worn, is centered and touching the council shoulder patch (above) and unit numeral (below).

Unit numeral, if worn, is centered directly underneath and touching council patch or veteran unit bar.

What is different:

The Badge of office is centered on the pocket.

The Trained leader strip is now centered on the pocket flap touching the top of the flap

From our council direction,CNYScouter is right on the money as for placement. our pack is a 30 year vetran pack so we needed the same direction. Although after following the above advice it seems that the Qaulity control department took the day off when "building" bot my adult shirt and my sons youth shirt. i.e. pockets off center and crooked and such.

Rick