Philmont training center patch

I only got the generic PTC participant patch.

I was attending Venturing week. About 5 Venturing week patches were made, but all were available for purchase by the participants. None were given to us.

I suspect that these patches were made and offered for sale to the participants. If you attended one of those classes and it wasn't offered to you to purchase, shame on whoever did that.

I know that for the past 5-6 years, these sort of dated, class specific patches were made. I had always assumed they you were given the one for your specific class when you attended. Having never been to PTC before, that was my assumption. I was surprised to only get the generic participant patch.

I was in the Unit Commissioner class, which is not listed on the ebay listing, but could fall under Supplemental Training. The participant patch was the only one that was offered, and that is what the faculty received, well received in front of us. I do prefer dated patches to non dated patches, but I am not sure what I like least Supplemental Training or Participant.

(This message has been edited by click23)

This is the patch I have, it was only for the courses that were sponsored by the Boy Scout Division, which, as I posted, was reorganized (done away with) the week that I was there. So yes I suppose this is a bit of a collectors item.

Each year I have been there the Boy Scout Division courses have had special patches made that were customized to the course.

Each participant in these classes recieved one of these for their specific course and the full sets were on sale for a little less than the $160 that was being asked for on e-bay.

Relationships Division gave us a coin of Waite Phillips on one side, the bull on the other, with one of Waite's famous quotes: the only things we really keep are those we give away.

I bought enough of those to give to each young person who served with EagleSon as staff at our Scout Reservation Cub Family Camp.

I received both the participant badge and the Boy Scout conference badge (course was called "strictly for Scoutmasters"), but I went the first week of PTC being open. I believe that was done in previous years as well. Either they ran out, or as a previous poster said, they eliminated the Divisions, and thus eliminated the badges. But that doesn't seem likely--I mean, there just pieces of embroidered cloth...