How much to charge for sewing on patches?

I asked a friend of mine who loves to sew, if she would be interested in sewing on patches for the members of our Pack who don't have time to sew. I was just wondering what I should tell her to charge per patch?

back when i was in scouts (81-87), i sewed my patches on - after my mom did the first batch. when i had enough to put on a patch blanket, i had already understood the magnitude of sewing that many patches at once (the merit badge sash did me in). i paid someone $1/patch in 1989, and at that time it was well worth it to me (and apparently to her).

as i sit on the edge of getting back into scouting and realizing that i will have an adult uniform... i'm glad that the patch blanket is done (for now)... and all i have are uniform parts to deal with.

$100,000 per patch.

Maybe then the boys will learn to do it for themselves for free. If some gal can get $5 per patch, great P. T. Barnum would be proud. I sat down this weekend and sewed 11 patches on a new uniform and it took less than 45 minutes. Of course I was watching the Olympics and hemmed a pair of cut off uniform pants to make shorts, too. I lost my needle for 5 minutes in the midst of it all because I didn't realize my scissor blades were magnatized. I think that covers it. My very first Venture crew meeting was a lesson in sewing and since then over the past 10 years my boys have saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars because of it.

Stosh

I actually do this. I charge $1.50 for CSPs, a set of unit numerals, a position patch, a pocket flap (OA or Outdoor Activity Award). Rank badges are $1.00 each. Trained patches, World Crest, Den numeral/patch or patrol patch, merit badges are $.50 each.

It's sort of based on size or difficulty.

I charge $5.00 to hem pants and sell red vests for $8-15 depending on size and material.