T-Shirt regulating

I think this is another myth which I've heard at our troop presented as "you have to wear scout shirts or plain shirts at summer camp, camporee, etc." This year the leaders simply said we ask that scouts only wear scout shirts or plain t-shirts at camp. We stressed wearing our class B to MB class because we think it just looks good. It also helps us spot our guys at a distance. We set up a wash station each night next to the latrine where scouts could wash their t shirt and hang it on the clothesline. Some scouts also bought a pack of white t shirts to wear around camp or under the class A's, (but we didn't throw them away after one wearing). We do allow non scout shorts (khaki or blue jean) with class B at summer camp because not everyone can afford a bunch of scout shorts. That's the reality of our troop.

The dress code is not set forth anywhere in the summer camp leaders guide nor anyplace else I can find. It is a good idea though, so I guess you could say our troop has adopted it as a "recommended dress code".

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If "official" has replaced "field" in the uniform parlance what pray tell is the activity uniform now? I know what constitutes an activity uniform (please no posts on that subject) but since it is not "official" - that moniker taken - what is it? The "other white meat" unofficial accetable uniform? :)