The Norman Rockwell Uniform

As Irving, Texas is just up the road, how about we all gather at my house with torches and other implements of destruction and march on National Headquarters. On the way, the NESA life-time members can pick-up their new square knot (also made in China) at the Scout Shop in The National Scouting Museum. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As Irving, Texas is just up the road, how about we all gather at my house with torches and other implements of destruction and march on National Headquarters."

Buy Craftsman or they'll probably be made in China as well.

The time will come in the not too distant future that our fighter jets and bombers and aircraft carriers will be made in China.

"The time will come in the not too distant future that our fighter jets and bombers and aircraft carriers will be made in China."

While I'm almost certain that some of the components are, I'm not ready to bet my paycheck yet.

You'd think that BSA would want to resist the temptation of going to the "Dark Side." A few years ago, the US Army, fell off the bus and started to buy uniform components from China to include that famous Black Beret.

ahhh yes the black beret.....fun stuff there. Its funny we couldnt wear them but when i was a recruiter, all the crap we gave away was all made in china. No one at Recruiting HQ wanted to address that issue. Guess its an evil we are forced to live with.

On the topice of the BSA unirorm. I do have to admit the pants (new switchbacks) do look and feel more functional then the "PJ" style of the old switch backs.

The new green shoulder loops are too big for the new shirt...you can tell from the ads but you would have thought someone would have caught that. I am convinced National is getting more screwed up every day. How can someone make a mistake like the recent Jumbo NESA knots and now they cant get the loops on the shirt the right size to accomidate the new dark green loops? How much did the NESA knot screw up cost BSA to fix?

Back at the end of June I got some of the jumbo NESA knots from a shop in FL, my own shop had no idea they were even coming. By the time my shop got the jumbo knots and i returned frmo Philmont they cut them up. Fortunally i got a few whihc will be a collectors item. I want to say sometime in July (my scout shop) got the corrected knots but They are still missing that "Look". You can tell they are useing a different company to make them.