The new uniform.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shortridge,

That's too easy: McLaren tartan, but only once you've completed Wood Badge and have been beaded.

At camp staff banquet last Sunday, I saw two young ladies who'd chosen the skirt over trousers/shorts. Very professional looking.

My DE had his 1st new uniform tonight as we completed a Cub recruitment night. The shirt pockets are virtually the same size in length and width as the current ones, they just have bellows. The pants appear to be a moderately heavy canvas material. The "forest green" is 2/3 of the way between our current (and former) olive and Exploring/Venturing dark green. The belt looks very good.

I think Supply Corporation may well have cracked the code!

I just got back from our monthly roundtable meeting, and the new uniforms look so much like the current uniform that it took me a moment to realize that our DE was wearing one. The overall look is VERY much the same. The shorts look nice. The bellows pockets are. . .okay. The "Boy Scouts of America" strip appears to be embroidered directly on the shirt. Our DE said he didn't like the sleeve pocket, and said he had sewn it shut when he put his badge of office on it. Everyone was already joking about the "cigarette pocket."

OzarksOsage

"OK, let me be clearer: the old uniform has sizing for men's pants and shorts and women's pants and shorts. Different sizing for men and women. "

Not just different sizing, different cuts as well.

" told us that the 'relaxed' fit had more room in the hip area and was supposed to be more suitable for women while the 'classic' was more for men because it had more room in the waist."

Look at the silly size conversion chart. A size 30 converts to a size 8? Depending on the standards for that size 8, there going to be a few extra inches around the waist.

Maybe BSA is trying to drive women out of the program with uniforms that are not only not flattering but don't fit either.

"Maybe BSA is trying to drive women out of the program with uniforms that are not only not flattering but don't fit either."

my chauvinistic views aside, i don't think that will be the result. the troop attached to our church shows up to once a quarter to do a fund raiser of some sort. of the 30 scouts there (leaders and boys), there will only be 2 or 3 uniforms - and by that i mean shirt and pants - never mind correctness beyond that. i've already been given a tip that i may want to shop for my pants elsewhere as they don't fit a majority of the adults in a comfortable way.

Those weren't gaiters, those were leggings and I have a set. Minor difference but important. Also, one doesn't wear leggings with boots, one wears them with shoes because one doesn't have boots.

If you're wearing low cut shoes in the outdoors with long pants, leggings make sense.