The new uniform.

I wonder where the Commissioner's Arrowhead will go? It appears that the button tab on the sleeve is directly under the shoulder pocket. Moving the Trained patch above the POR patch seems to imply that space is at a premium on the sleeve.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my new uniform. Nearly everything is good about it. The cargo pockets are useable. The regular pockets are still not as deep as I would like. The Boy Scouts of America above the right pocket is not embroidered. I'm not sure what it is and wonder how it will hold up. The flags are also a different material. I got the short sleeve and it seems to have room for the Commissioner Arrowhead. They seem to run a little on the large size.

I might of missed this some where in the 19 pages, but take look on the second page of the PDF brochure. Under where is says "with todays active Scouts." in the center of the pager there is a leg zipper. On that zipper is has an L on it. I can only hope that the other side has a R on it, I always seem to try to put them on the wrong side.

We got to see a preview of the new uniform at camp last week. The camp director (who is also a District Exec) attended the National Leadership Conference in Nashville and brought some back with him. His son wore one. He said the fabric was very very comfortable but he wasn't sure about the pockets as of yet. There is a button under the front pocket flap for the 'dangly' patches and a place for your pen. He liked being able to roll up the sleeves. He didn't have an opportunity to have the patches put on yet so we have yet to know about the difficulty level of that. All I can say is that he liked it.

I'd still like to know how they figure "universal sizing" for adults is going to fit men and women equally well in the hip/waist

When did "they" ever say that they felt that way? "They" probably think that it will fit most, some better than others. Does everything you try on in every store you shop in all fit the same way?

I'd still like to know how they figure "universal sizing" for adults is going to fit men and women equally well in the hip/waist

When did "they" ever say that they felt that way? "They" probably think that it will fit most, some better than others.

When did "they" ever say that they felt that way? "They" probably think that it will fit most, some better than others.

OK, let me be clearer: the old uniform has sizing for men's pants and shorts and women's pants and shorts. Different sizing for men and women. The new uniform, so far as I can tell, has only "adult classic fit" and "adult relaxed fit" -- not men's and women's -- with an asterisk footnote: "All pants sizes are universal." So again, I ask, how is this universal sizing going to fit both men and women equally well in the hip/waist?

What I want is official, BSA suspenders. I'm tired of seeing scouters pulling up their 46's. It would also provide additional space for pins and buttons that end up wandering from pocket to lapel. Also, expanding waist bands would be very helpful.(ducking for cover)(This message has been edited by jet526)

If I remember correctly the camp director/Scout Exec told us that the 'relaxed' fit had more room in the hip area and was supposed to be more suitable for women while the 'classic' was more for men because it had more room in the waist. I don't know what happens to the women who gain weight only in their waist area and so on. I assume you just keep trying them on until you find something that fits.

So I guess the answer is no...the pants will not fit everyone equally in the hip/waist.