Eagle Court of Honor

Our Council office has several different Eagle ceremony props available there. We just reserve them and pick them up for the Court of Honor. Have you checked with your council or the District's advancement chair to see if they have them available for your use?

Does BSA require certain oaths, pledges, or any other element to be present in an Eagle Court of Honor? So far, I cannot find anything official that states this to be true. Also, if a pledge or oath is administered, does BSA require someone specific to administer it?

I have looked also and have found nothing that states that the BSA requires anything other than the candidate to recieve his award. I have seen several different ceremonies and each one was handled differently as far as who presented the award, who administered the oath or charge (if at all) and who was the MC.

I am led to believe that the ceremony is completely up to the Troop and Candidate as to what and how they would like it to be.

A great site to check out is www.eaglescout.org

Lots of good info there.

As far as I am aware, there are no specific requirements for an Eagle Court of Honor. The Eagle Rank is approved by National and once notification of Naitonal's decision to approve the Eagle application is made to the local COuncil, the scout is an Eagle.

Our troop has a tradition of each scout planning his own ceremony. Nothing is required except the script be approved by the troop committee.