switchbacks on sale 2 for 1

Great another bad pun. ;)

I had to listen to bad puns all weekend from the other adult leaders and me! Only kidding Gern, I love puns.

I just ordered 2 sets of pants online, one for me and one for my son. I do not really need them but I could not pass up the price. Have my son pay for his and mine are free!

Oh, you think its a pun.

Picture this. At final announcements at our last troop meeting, I bring up the sale to all the scouts and parents that if they need the pants the scout shop is having a special promotion: "SCOUT PANTS, HALF OFF!". A moment of silence then the older scouts break out in a guffaw of laughter. Good thing I have no shame.

Regarding the sewn-in belt... I did the same thing. I thought it was sewn in, and about 2 months later I realized that I hadn't removed the threads from the tag.

And I don't know if the sale is actually "Half off"... at least at my store (A National Shop) there was a sign that said the pants must be purchased 2-pair at a time for the discount... you couldn't buy one pair at $20, you had to buy 2 pairs at $40 total (or whatever the price is)

I took advantage of the 2 for 1 deal from Scout Stuff. After getting my Visa bill I was billed full price! After a call with a very pleasant representative from Supply they credited me back the difference. She did say that early on their billing software wasn't recognizing the promotion. So if you ordered the Switchbacks from BSA make sure you look at your credit card bill.

Lauwit.

All I know is over 50% of the scouts at this week's troop meeting were in BSA pants instead of the occasional few. And, I expect that will continue to climb now that it's a majority. My pair of Switchbacks from 2006 are still working fine.

I picked up my pair last week and pair that are too big for my son but hopefully he will fit in them when he goes into BS next year. I told the Den Chief and his dad about the sale. Their reply was those pants are too expensive! Two Pair for $20 to expensive? I love the too expensive excuse! :)

Mark M.

I just signed my son up for NYLT and the uniform list said bring two pair of BSA pants. When I bought his two pair, I got one that fit him now, and the next size up for when he grows out of them. I'll probably send him with both pants and he can just zip off the legs on the bigger ones. Or he'll do like most kids and just wear one pair all week.

Just a caution . . . I checked the pants at our local council shop, and the shorts are seriously LONG! If you, or your son, is a rapper wanna-be, then they are probably just the right length.

But I'm not going to be recommending them to the hiking MB group I've just begun working with. Having pants that drag on my knees or thighs when I'm hiking in hot sweaty weather is one of my pet peeves.

GaHillBilly

The switchback 2 for 1 sale is to get rid of the switchbacks. National TODAY sent out a email to all the scout shops. National is going to be issuing a new uniform. Top to bottom. Yes that means a new hat, shirt, pants, patches, socks, etc. They will be coming out on August 1 2008. They look pretty cool and i am looking forward to the new look. :-)