Boy Scout Belt Loops

I'd rather National look at the 1958/65 editions of the Boy Scout handbook and very carefully update them to be environmentally friendly and technically correct in certain other areas (first aid, one example).

• 2 weeks later...

Skill awards to me were the way that you could have two different levels and means of teaching for the two different school levels in a troop, belt loops for middle schoolers, and more rigorous MBs for high schools. I miss them greatly. My question is this, since they were dropped in 89 just as most people were just getting dial-up internet, has anyone ever seen requirment worksheets for skill awards that can be downloaded. I work with a number of Scoutreach troops, and I am hoping to use them as a rough guide for their programs.

"My question is this, since they were dropped in 89 just as most people were just getting dial-up internet, has anyone ever seen requirment worksheets for skill awards that can be downloaded. I work with a number of Scoutreach troops, and I am hoping to use them as a rough guide for their programs."

Never seen softcopies of the skill awards requirements, but would be easy to create. Just get a copy of the BS manuals of the times. There were also colorful skill awards booklets available as well (larger format, and thinner then merit badge pamphlets). I believe these are still available, just without the requirements, but you might need to look. These too would be useful for your purposes, I think.