I thank those who answered my questions under topic troop committee. I have two more scenarios:

1) You have a front porch with two pillars, one on each side of the steps going up to the porch. You have the American Flag on one and the State flag on the other. The American flag goes on the left side facing the house (presenter's right)?

2) You are at BSA camp and post your troop flag and the American flag at the entrance to your camp site. The American flag again goes on the left side as you enter the camp site (presenter's right) and the troop flag goes on the right side as you enter the camp (presenter's left)?

Thanks for your replies!

From everything I've read on flag etiquette, I would say YES to both scenarios. As you face your audience (people sitting in a room, people approaching your home, people entering a camp, etc.), the U.S. flag should be to your right side, and conversely, to the audience's left side.

Concur.

An answer to a question that you did not ask: Those still flying flags at half staff are "out of compliance." No disrespect to the fallen or the families of the fallen, but the officially designated period of mourning is over, even though most remains have not been recovered.

Concur Also,

I have a feeling that military action might not be too far off in the distance and we do not want to begin such action with our flags at half-staff. Our thoughts and prayers are still with the victims, their families, rescue workers, and our armed forces.