Insignia Guide and Nonunit

I'm not a Venturing expert, so I don't have any comments on that section of the Insignia Guide.

But moving on to the "Universal and Nonunit Insignia"...

I think this should just be called Nonunit Insignia, and they should move the universal items into the other sections. The guide already includes most other universal items (e.g. interpreter strips) in all the other sections anyway. The only item here that is new here and is truly universal is the nameplate. The lapel pin is universal for adults and could be included in those sections. All of this would benefit from the proposed table/chart format.

The Emergency Preparedness Award is already included in the Cub Scout section. If its included here, it should also say that it can be earned by Varsity Scouts, Venturers, and Scouters.

The Insignia Guide indicates that without an OA flap, you should wear the nameplate on the right pocket flap. But its much nicer above the pocket. Id prefer this to be changed, so that it's officially correct to wear the nameplate above the pocket even without an OA flap.

And for the World Crest, Id like to see a comment on what to do if the knots and stars interfere with it. Optionally centering it vertically between the top of the knots and the top seam sounds reasonable to me.

Why is the Adult universal hat pin listed in the Employed Personnel Badges of Office section?

One thing that I would like to see is the addition of the individual uniform inspection sheets added to the guide. It might make it easier to ensure that changes to either the guide or the inspection sheet track with the other publication.

YiS,

John

Assistant Cubmaster

Pack 13

Shenandoah Area Council