Sign in to follow this  
ScoutDadof5

(Unofficial) Knots...Are you game? (Just for fun) - Round 2!

Ok, it looks like we have pretty much exhausted the "Official BSA Knot" listing.

How about a shot at the unofficial Scout Knots that are out there? I have seen bunches of these.

I would be interested in seeing what everyone comes up with here.

Let the games begin! Happy hunting!

Dropped my son off at his OA Chapter meeting last weekend and one of the adult advisors had a knot on his shirt I've never seen. I'm not sure about the colors, but it was a rope tied with a bowline - I think it was a white blue rope on tan background.

White bowline on a tan background? I believe that's the College of Commissioner Science knot.

I would have loved to have earned the Antarctica Service knot - a white square knot on sky blue background with black border - alas, I wasn't invited to go to Antarctica when I was 18-22 (or any other time, either).

I've seen a Cooking Knot (or was it an eating knot)? Square knot had a fork in the middle.

Purple Heart Knot (purple overhand on white). For injuries or illness suffered in the line of duty.(This message has been edited by Beavah)

The "Big Bucks" Knot for those who you think have made a big donation to council (there are real donor knots out there for the 4-figure donors). I've seen three designs: 1, 2, and 3 $-signs in front of a standard square knot.

"Philmont Bull" Knots in black and white showing a bull making cow patties.

My council used to have a tangle knot, for doing something stupid.

Like answering a phone in the camp office at summer camp that wasn't plugged in.