Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award

My son has earned the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award and has alos earned the Pack Summertime pin. My question is since both awards go on the same space of the uniform is it OK to pin the summer time pack award to the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award? I checked the Cub Scout Leader Book, but I might have missed something.

The Insignia Guide doesn't do anything to resolve this issue. It merely states that both awards are worn on the right pocket flap. My interpretation would be the same as yours - you can pin the summertime award on top of the outdoor activity award.

My understanding of this is that the Summertime Pack Award is pinned in the same position directly through the Outdoor Activity Award and then you can add the subsequent OA award wolf track pins on either side of the SPA. I can't find the sheet that I thought had that and as was pointed out neither the Leaders Handbook, Insignia Guide, Inspection Sheet or BSA web site clarifies it.

I think it was part of the huge package of stuff I got at National Camping School. I'll see what I can find tomorrow.

John

Assistant Cubmaster

Pack 13

Potomac District

Shenandoah Area Council

Yes, the Summertime Pack Award is worn pinned through the Outdoor Activity Award.

From the May-June 2006 issue of "Scouting":

Editor's note: The National Summertime Pack Award is another award Cub Scouts wear pinned on the center of the right pocket flap. If a Cub Scout earns both the Outdoor Activity Award and the National Summertime Pack Award, the activity award patch should be affixed to the pocket flap first. Then the National Summertime Pack Award pin should be pinned through the center of the patch. Subsequent summertime award pins and/or Outdoor Activity Award wolf track pins should also be affixed through the patch.)

Hope that answers the question.