Pack Committee Chair Position patch(es)

Greetings, All-

I'm asking about the position patch for Pack Committee Chairman. I've seen two versions, one with all gold thread on a blue background (which I assume is a "newer" version) and one with a more silver-toned thread on a blue background (a little similar to the Cubmaster's patch).

Which is the current patch style? And if the more silver-toned thread one is older, are there any still available anywhere I could acquire?

Any help appreciated!

Andrew Woodard

Charlotte, NC

Here is the current Pack Committee Chairman emblem from ScoutStuff.org, #00380:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/images/05NDC/images/00380.jpg

I really did not realize the Cub Scout leader emblems still used the gold and silver borders. Scoutmaster used to have a silver border and assistant Scoutmaster had a gold border until the new versions with the tan backgrounds were issued. It looks like Cubmaster is the only unit leader emblem with the silver border. You might check eBay for older style emblems.

The borders were used to outline leadership- silver for primary leaders like Scoutmaster and senior patrol leader, gold for assistants and secondary leaders. And yes, silver is higher than gold in the BSA, except for shoulder loops (I think no one told de la Renta); this is a carryover from the US military.

Ed

Actually silver is higher than gold in the shoulder loops too.

Local scouters who work more closely with the youth are considered "higher in rank" than national leaders. That is why the district and council positions have silver shoulder loops.