Jac Shirt Patch

I got a red wool Jac Shirt off e-bay but the emblem on the pocket was removed. Does anyone know where I can get the patch to replace it or what else could I use?? Ive searched e-bay for the patch but had no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

"You may have an old jac. I believe the emblems first appeared sometime in the 70s. I got mine in 1968 and it's never had the emblem."

The emblems did exist back then, they just weren't included with the jacket. This is because you got different emblems depending on your program. For instance, the Explorers in the 60s had the 'circle-v' logo available on red cloth specifically to use on the red jac-shirt. AFAIK, there was a generic boy scout emblem for scout leaders, etc.

"Also im a Eagle Scout. Is there any patch that I can wear on my Jac shirt. I know I can have the boy scout patch on the left pocket. So what kind of eagle patch can I wear if any on the jac shirt."

There is nothing to wear on the jac-shirt to indicate you are an Eagle Scout.

The rules are:

* universal BSA patch on the left pocket.

* Philmon Bull, Sea Base Conch or Shark, or Northern Tier Loon above the left pocket near the shoulder seam.

* ONE jacket patch on the back (OA, Jamboree, High Adventure Base, etc)

* Typically a PTC or High Adventure base patch on the right pocket.

See the Insignia Guide.

emb021 responded:

"Also im a Eagle Scout. Is there any patch that I can wear on my Jac shirt."

There is nothing to wear on the jac-shirt to indicate you are an Eagle Scout.

The rules are:

* ONE jacket patch on the back (OA, Jamboree, High Adventure Base, etc) (rest deleted)

Actually, he could indicate he's an Eagle Scout and you have answered it for him. But he needs to be a member of the National Eagle Scout Association. There is a NESA Jacket patch he could then wear on the back of the JacShirt.

I'm surprised your local scout shop isn't willing to order them for you. Here's a source for one patch. I think that's all he has at the moment.

http://www.boyscoutstore.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=12455'>http://www.boyscoutstore.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=12455

If that link doesn't work then go to:

http://www.boyscoutstore.com/

Click on Miscellaneous and go to page 9.

* Philmon Bull, Sea Base Conch or Shark, or Northern Tier Loon above the left pocket near the shoulder seam.

I am familar with the Philmont Bull. I believe the tail goes over the shoulder seam if you climbed the Tooth of Time or Baldy?

I attended Seas Base in the late 70's and did not know they had a Conch or Shark emblem. Do they have any specifc meaning like Conch is for land based camp and Shark for windjammer cruises? Is there a similar patch placement rule like the Philmont bull tail shoulder seam for the Conch/Shark?

Same questions for the Northern Tier Loon.

""* Philmon Bull, Sea Base Conch or Shark, or Northern Tier Loon above the left pocket near the shoulder seam. "

"I am familar with the Philmont Bull. I believe the tail goes over the shoulder seam if you climbed the Tooth of Time or Baldy?"

The myth is the tail goes over the shoulder seam if you climbed the Tooth of Time. There is no rule about this.

"I attended Seas Base in the late 70's and did not know they had a Conch or Shark emblem. Do they have any specifc meaning like Conch is for land based camp and Shark for windjammer cruises? Is there a similar patch placement rule like the Philmont bull tail shoulder seam for the Conch/Shark?"

The Conch patch came out about 10 years ago, and was later dropped in favor of the shark. There is no meaning to either other then they area Sea Base equivalent to the Philmont Bull. There is no rule regarding the shoulder seam with these 2 patches.

"Same questions for the Northern Tier Loon. "

The Loon is just the Norther Tier equivalent to the Philmont Bull. Again, there is no rule regarding the shoulder seam. I've also heard of an Okpik Owl (Okpik is the Northern Tier winter program).

• 7 years later...

It's interesting to see how these rules have changed since my youth.

When I was a kid, our troop would alternate between Solmers (now Northern Tier) and Philmont. Many of our youth and leaders wore the Bull on the left shoulder, and the Loon on the right shoulder. I'm pretty sure it used to be written in the rules this was how they were supposed to be worn. I know once I finally make it to NT, I'll be wearing my Loon and Bull.