Centenniel Patch placement

Hey All,

"One World One Promise" I've heard two different opinions on this. 1) Above the right side pocket flap, and 2) On the right pocket. Anyone have a definitive answer? Same placement for youth? I understand there will be rockers available as well and given the size I'm not sure it would fit on the pocket.

Thanks!

L

"I used to be a Beaver..."

Thanks, AK. Apparently we're supposed to be celebrating 100 years of world Scouting in 2007. Looking at the website was the first I'd heard about it. I agree, seems like BSA is a non-participant, saving the festivities for 2010. Shame.

""One World One Promise" I've heard two different opinions on this. 1) Above the right side pocket flap, and 2) On the right pocket. Anyone have a definitive answer?"

Above the right pocket is reserved for Jamboree patches. This is NOT a jamboree patch. Sooo, the proper place would be the right pocket.

Sadly, this is not the only World Scouting program the BSA is ignoring. They are also ignoring the Scouts of the World Program, for older scouts/Venturers (15-26). Check out the program here: http://www.scout.org/en/about_scouting/the_youth_programme/scouts_of_the_world_award

(I asked the Venturing Division people if the BSA was going to make this available. Answer: No.)

• 2 weeks later...

It's sad that national is almost ignoring the real 100th anniversary of scouting.

They seem to be concerned that it might draw attention away from the US anniversary in 2010.

When I called about the same topic, they first denied that the patch in question even existed, then they said we could not wear it on out uniform, when pressed for a reason, they called me back and said to wear it in the temp position (right pocket).

The boys(and girls) in the "Ivory Tower" in Irving TX should be ashamed of themselves. They seem to have forgotten a gentleman with the initials "B.P.".