What material shorts/pants do you all wear? I have to buy new shorts and pants and plan of getting a couple of each. Any suggestions? I see the shorts are available in different materials as well as the pants. What kinds do you all prefer? Especialy for different occassions, camping, formal etc... Thanks!

Poly/Wool-shorts/pants

vs

Poly/Cotton-shorts/pants

vs

Cotton-shorts/pants

I have to also get a few new shirts, any suggestions for the different seasons. Too many choices imo! Three different materials for short sleeve shirts! What should I choose!?

YIS

For the pants, wait until the new zip-off leg pants in 100% Supplex nylon come out in August before making your decision. You may like them better than any of the others.

I own several short-sleeve shirts in different materials, but almost always wear the 100% cotton one. It is the most comfortable. Yes, it has to be ironed - and I iron it, not my wife.

Venture,

I think it more important what I wear under my uniform shirt. I wear Wickers (http://www.wickers.com/) t-shirts, which are 100% polyester (wicking material). When I wear these under my cotton uniform shirt, the uniform tends to stay dry, which helps keep me cooler. I have not tested this theory in any manner - I just like the comfort of wearing the cotton uniform, and the Wickers t-shirt deals with the moisture in a way that keeps the outer shirt from getting wet. I'm guessing the t-shirt would work the same with the other materials, but I'm not sure. The cotton does seem to breath well in this manner. In my experience, once the cotton gets wet, it gets heavy and uncomfortable.

BTW, I only buy the Wickers products when they are on sale. They hold up very well, and are very comfortable. The Mens Boxer Brief WA622 is the most comfortable u/w I have worn. Their long u/w works great! I remember how uncomfortable my cotton long u/w was - a little exercise and I was sweating like a river! The stuff got soaked and would then turn very cold, and I would be miserable. Not anymore with the Wickers!