New Activity Pants that zipoff and become shorts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shorts inseam will surely vary depending upon the total inseam, probably as a percentage. I'll check the shorts when I get home tonight and let you know.

Gern, you don't have to worry about Daisy Duke (unless you're camping close to the Girl Scouts!). They're not that short.

This the reply national sent me after I called.

The inseam on the shorts for men is 8" from the front gussett and 7" from the

back.

Womens is 7 1/2 from the front and 7" from the back. Please let us know if we

can

be of further assistance..

Thanks

Y'all are getting worked up over nothing, I think. I'm 6' tall and 34" waist. I wear 34" traditional shorts, which just reach the top of my knee cap. In the switchbacks, I wear a Medium, 32" inseam. The shorts reach a point approximately 2" above my knee cap. That photo on the web page is probably of a pair of youth, XS, which makes them look very short. No one in their right mind would consider these "short-shorts" or "Daisy Dukes". The inseams do run on the long side. I wear 34" inseams in some pants, but can't in the switchbacks - they would be way too long. I'm pleased with mine!

I'll be buying my first pair of the new style tomorrow. It matters little what the quoted measurements are; frankly all manufacturers have their own size specs. More to the point is how do the pants I'm buying actually fit my personal carcass??

Try them on first!

The shorts on the switchbacks are not too short. They don't hang down all baggy below the knee as some youth might prefer, but I wouldn't call them "daisy dukes" either.

Unless the fabric just starts falling apart after constant use, these pants are perfect. Everyone owes it to themself to go try em on.

Also I've never heard of a "no daisy dukes" rule being specifically mentioned as a troop rule! Bizarre... ;)

I got a chance to see the new pants quite a while ago and have been looking forward to getting my own pair. Well today was to be the day, I went down and grabbed the size that should fit. Unfortunately they were very long. Apparently they do not make them for those of us on the short side.

I carefully examined them and could not really determine an easy way to shorten them. When I was talking to the manager there he said that they had a pair professionally shortened for our SE, who is also vertically challenged. It cost $35 to have them altered.

I guess that the next question is will BSA supply do these in their made to measure program. If not does anybody have any good suggestions on how to shorten the legs?

Alan

WA_Outdoorsman,

What a welcome change!!! There are those of us who are not vertically challenged, but instead are horizontally challenged. For some reason, clothing manufacturers seem to think anyone with a waist over 38 to 40 inches is 5 foot tall and make the inseams 30 or 32 inches. At 6'2", I'm not looking for capri pants. It is tough for tall, hefty boys to find pants that don't fit them well above the ankles.