Not sure about how back-dating occurs. I may have the process mixed up. Our troop had a Board of Review scheduled in June and has one listed in December that is clearly not 6 months from the one in June. How is 6 months counted. Date to date or number of days........?We meet on Tuesdays and they are scheduled for convenience. We only have Boards quarterly although I am sure one could be scheduled on request. At any rate the Boards are separated by 2 days less than 6 months. Is this too picaune? Should the Board date the card 2 days after the board is complete to make the space between Star and Life work?

I wouldn't woory about being a few days off in either direction. I've always used the month as my guide, not the day. If the records show the a scout earned a rank towards the end of a month, I'll look for him to finish his nest one "around" the end of the month, also. That's a close as I get. I've worked with the Senior DE responsible for Eagle Advancement in our council, and I know he works that way, too. We're trying to be reasonable here, not sticklers to the day, hour, minute, etc. Just use your best judgement.

Unfortunately, not all councils are so enlightened. We did have a scout at an Eagle Board of Review and the Board did point out that his paperwork showed he was 4 days short on 6 months in office. It was resolved, thankfully, but just letting you know. These people used the military style day of the year (Jan 1= #1, Dec.31=day365) and there better be 180 days between, etc.

Our troop board of review now meets on the first meeting day of the month, every month. The scouts must meet with the scoutmaster and then schedule himself in advance with the review board. Our board used to meet quarterly, but found it had too many boys scheduled for each review to give the boy adequate consideration. Some months they now have no scout scheduled for a review, but the board can now always finish during the same time period as a meeting.