MB sash question

OK before we start sewing on mb's could anybody clarify for me which shoulder the MB sash goes on? I think it should go over the right shoulder (with the point over the left hip); my husband, who after all was a boy scout, says it goes over the left shoulder with the point over the right hip.

My son is all excited about wearing it - properly - to assist with a B&G cross over in a couple days so we need to get it right, and fairly quickly. Thanks

Lisa'bob

It should be worn over the right shoulder with the point over the left hip so that the sash doesn't cover the rank badge on the left pocket of the uniform.

The OA Sash is also worn over the right shoulder - one of the reasons you can't wear the Merit Badge Sash and the OA Sash at the same time.

CalicoPenn

Lisa,

Yes, Ma'am, over the RIGHT shoulder, just like CP said!

Two comments:

If your family tends to the tall side later on, go ahead and get him the tall boys sash. One benefit is it has more space for more badges.

If you offset the first row of badges from the top crease by about one MB diameter, you'll find they fall in such a way as they're easily seen by others.

As I write this, I have my almost 40 year old MB sash on my puter desk. Make sure you or your son keep this when his Scouting time is done, it's a treasured memento of places been and adventures had!!!(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

Thanks everyone, that's what I thought. I did find some photos on the web in various places. My son left his book at someone's house so it wasn't a ready reference for us. However, not long ago there was a thread about how the scout catalog had all kinds of uniforming mistakes. And my husband was pretty insistant. So I figured I'd better check.

As for my husband...well he was a scout back in the dark ages...so I'll grant him a little lee way here.

Thanks again for verifying the correct information for me.

Lisa'bob

"emb: Do you mean scouts? Scouters technically aren't supposed to wear their sashes, although you'll sometimes see one break his out for a son's Eagle COH or similar event. "

Yes, a typo.

I've never seen a scouter wear one, even at a ECOH. (probably many can't fit into on anymore).

"emb: Do you mean scouts? Scouters technically aren't supposed to wear their sashes, although you'll sometimes see one break his out for a son's Eagle COH or similar event. "

Yes, a typo.

I've never seen a scouter wear one, even at a ECOH. (probably many can't fit into on anymore).