Replacement religious emblems?

I earned the Episcopal God and Family emblem when I was a Webelos scout, and while I became Roman Catholic when I was 15, I still wear the award and knot on my uniform. Unfortunately, shortly after I got it the link between the bar and the shield broke, and so for as long as I can remember I've had a piece of a brass paperclip twisted to hold the pieces together. It's been nice and serviceable and everything, but of late it's just really been starting to bug me, and so I was thinking about trying to replace the medal. Unfortunately, all efforts to find out where one can be ordered from have been fruitless. Does anyone have any reccomendations on what to do in this situation?

There should be documentation of completion for the award with the church/pastor that you completed it. Also, possibly with the unit and council you were with. You might also have been given a copy. You can use that documentation to get another medal.

I would just go to a jeweler.

seabear is correct, as an adult you should only be wearing the knot, not the medal itself.

To fix the connector on the medal check out your local craft store (Michael's). They will have pieces for making jewlery. You should be able to et a whole bag of connectors for a couple of $.

I know its not like real men read the manual, so I guess I hafta turn-in my "real man" card.

But page 46 of the Insignia Guide has a drawing of medals being worn by pinning them over the knots.

Ok, now you "real men" can get back to your discussion without benefit of cracking the book . . .

Fred,

You beat me to it!

I'm glad that National finally came to their senses about this.

For years the "party line" was knot or medal, not both. Ignoring the simple fact that no normal leader will take off his knots for a COH.

It would set the uniform police in a tizzy at every Eagle Court or District Awards Dinner.